Last Updated on
Stone and Chalk is a non-profit coworking space in Sydney for startups working on IoT, cybersecurity, financial services, capital markets, crypto-currencies, automated devices, etc. Stone and Chalk Sydney has almost 680 residents who have come together to work and collaborate on projects. The Fintech innovation hub is the upcoming face of technology focused on automating the delivery of financial services.
Although being a non-profit workplace, Stone and Chalk Sydney has its selection process to be a member of this Centre. Till now, Stone and Chalk have 20+ international corporate partners like Australia. With the help of 140 alumni, the startups at this coworking space have scaled over AU$280m of equity investment. Stone and Chalk offer several corporate innovation programs, investor programs, pitch training, and whatnot. Stone & Chalk is widely recognised as the leading fintech community in Australia.
Stone and Chalk Sydney takes special care of its members and provides all the necessary equipment to execute business operations. Apart from being a flexible coworking space, Stone and Chalk offer several additional perks listed below:
- Internet: Stone and Chalk Sydney make sure that you can always reach out to your clients with the help of high-speed internet connection.
- Events: Community events are a great opportunity to build strong networks for a business person. Thus, never miss out on an event at Stone and Chalk coworking space.
- Workshops: At Stone and Chalk, you can have access to be a part of the outstanding projects presented by the centre. Stone and Chalk goes one step ahead from other workplaces by organizing workshops based on helping the startups to grow business.
- Chillout areas: After working all day long, whenever you wish to relax, you can always switch to the lounge areas at Stone and Chalk. Moreover, you can always join your coworkers in the fun activity zone.
- Meeting rooms: You might sometimes require a meeting room for conducting office meetings in a private area. At Stone and Chalk, you can hire meeting rooms on an hourly basis, whenever you need it.
- Printing facilities: While doing your work, there might be a lot of times when you will need to get your documents scanned, photocopied or printed. At such instants, you can access the printer, scanner, and photocopier of Stone and Chalk Sydney for free.
- Shower and Changing rooms: Stone and Chalk offer shower facilities on its premises for your convenience.
- Bike Racks: This coworking space offers free parking facilities. Moreover, you can directly park your bikes on bike racks in the centre.
- Kitchen: Stone and Chalk Sydney bring forth an amazing facility for you to prepare your meals in its kitchen space.
- Yoga and meditation studio: Stone and Chalk have a yoga and meditation studio for its members which can be accessed 24/7 at the centre.
Once you get selected for working on the premises of Stone and Chalk Sydney, you will be presented with the membership plans of the workplace. You must carefully pick the right membership plan for your venture based on your requirements.
Full Time Flexible: If you prefer a collaborative environment over a confined place, then you should surely opt for the flexible desk options. The flexible desks are open workspaces where you can always interact with innovators sitting next to your desk. Grab the opportunity at Stone and Chalk for building strong connections with the global corporates. The membership fees for hiring a full-time flexible desk is $580 per month.
Full Time Dedicated: In case you are looking for a personalized space to work, you should go for a full time dedicated desk at Stone and Chalk Sydney. You get to customize your spot and have access to a personal locker. This coworking space offers 24/7 access to its members. The membership fees for hiring a full time dedicated desk at Stone and Chalk starts from $685 per desk (excluding GST).
Secured Office: Stone and Chalk have open-plan seating, semi-private area and private offices for its members. If you require to conduct your work from a private office on the premises of Stone and Chalk Sydney, then you should hire a secured private office. A secured office has a printer, scanner, projector, photocopier and a whiteboard. You can avail to all the amenities that are offered at Stone and Chalk coworking space. You can work day and night, at all hours in your hired private office. The membership fees for hiring a secured office at Stone and Chalk workspace is $820 per month.
Programs at Stone and Chalk Sydney
Stone and Chalk coworking space in Sydney offers several programs for its members to help them in growing business. With the help of innovative programs, Stone and Chalk allow you to learn the nitty-gritty of handling a business operation. These workshops are going to play a very important role for the newly set-in startups at Stone and Chalk Sydney. The innovative programs held at Stone and Chalk are listed below:
Innovate with Startups: After you are a member at Stone and Chalk, you will be offered the Innovate with Startups program which will last for four weeks. The goal of the program is to make you ‘Startup Ready’. The Innovate with Startups programs will help you in building a better understanding of establishing your business in the marketplace. Get ready to grab the opportunity to learn the skills for scaling your business to a whole new level.
Multi-partner Program: The Multi-Partner Program by Stone and Chalk Sydney will extend for about 12 weeks. The Multi-Partner program is a challenge that needs to be solved by your team. The goal of this program is to push you towards working in a team to solve the challenge. Stone and Chalk Sydney believes that the Multi-Partner Program will allow you to build a better understanding of the importance of collaborations and mergers.
Accelerated Programs: The Accelerated Program at Stone and Chalk brings forth the opportunity for startups to learn design and testing a solution for a business problem. Stone and Chalk will provide your team with a ‘minimum viable product’ (MVP) to design and test. After you have worked on the MVP, you will need to present your design on Demo Day. The Accelerated Program is designed in a way to help you focus on problem-solving techniques for your startup.
Hackathons: The Hackathons program at Stone and Chalk Sydney will make your work on the process of execution of a business idea. You will be given specific problems by the centre and you need to come up with solutions in a day or two.
Stone and Chalk Sydney can be easily found near the central business district of York Street. Working at a posh place like Stone and Chalk has additional perks while attracting clients from Silicon Valley. Stone and Chalk is quite near Wynyard Railway Station and a famous restaurant known as Subway. For obtaining more information regarding the programs and membership plans at Stone and Chalk, you may directly email them or check out their website given below.
Address: Level 4/11 York St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia.