Last Updated on 7 months by Anoob P
In this post, we are going to look at some incredible Patreon Statistics on Patreon creators, patrons, company revenue and more in 2023.
I first started hearing about Patreon when some YouTubers I was following started mentioning Patreon on their channels asking for support and exclusive content.
Traditionally, YouTubers have always monetized either using ads or using some affiliate marketing but Patreon was something new and I decided to check it out.
As I discovered more about Patreon Statistics, I understood that Patreon is actually creating a new wave of creators who are not dependent on YouTube or Google algorithms for their revenue.
Here are the most interesting Patreon Statistics I found when I went down the Patreon rabbithole.
After working full-time for more than 12 years, I switched to working for myself and trying to earn a living online.
If you are interested in the whole concept of making money online, you can check out some of my other posts including 10 Easy Ways to Earn Money Online without Investment, How to Earn Money from YouTube, how to earn money from Facebook and how to start a blog and make money.
I have also written a detailed post on How to Start an Online Business That Changes Your Life, How to Live a Simple Life And Be Happy–you can read it if you are interested.
Earlier, I had co-founded a video company and raised $2 million in funding and then got fired from the company I started. You can read my full story here if you are interested.
Patreon Statistics Highlights
- Patreon currently has over 6 million patrons.
- Creators on Patreon have made more than $2 Billion.
- More than 210,000 creators have at least 1 patron to support them.
- As of now, Patreon has raised more than $412 million in Venture Capital funding.
- Patreon is now valued at more than $4 billion.
- Since 2017, the number of Patreon users has tripled.
- Videos are the most popular category on Patreon with a monthly revenue of around $5.8 million
- In the last two years, Patreon has had a 37% increase in registered new creators (79,556)
|Year||Number of Patrons|
- The account with most Patrons is True Obsessed Crime, with over 42,000 patrons.
- In second place is Chapo Trap House with 38,000 patrons, and DarkCookie follows them with 26,000 patrons.
- Of all the creators on Patreon, only 0.3% creators have more than 2000 patrons supporting them.
Patreon Category Statistics
- Crafts and DIY are the categories that get least support on Patreon.
- In June 2022, creators earned around $23 Million compared to $18 million in June 2021 which is a 26% increase.
- 23% of all Patreon pages have some adult content which translates to more than 50,000 creators.
- 5.5% of all creators on Patreon produce text content.
- Video creators bring in around $6 million in monthly revenue for Patreon.
- Podcast creators bring in around $3.5 million in monthly revenue for Patreon
- Games creators bring in around $1.75 million monthly revenue for Patreon.
- Music creators bring in around $1.2 million monthly revenue for Patreon.
- Writing creators bring in around $1 million monthly revenue for Patreon.
- All other creators bring in around less than $1 million monthly revenue for Patreon.
Patreon Funding Stats
Patreon Funding Sequence
- Patreon Seed Round $2.1 Million
- Patreon Series A Round $15.3 Million
- Patreon Series B Round $29.1 million
- Patreon Series C Round $59.4 million
- Patreon Series D Round $60 million
- Patreon Series E Round $90 million
- Patreon Series F Round $155 million
- The Series F round of $155 Million was the largest fundraise in the history of Patreon
- Patreon has raised more than $412 million since the company was launched.
- Patreon is now valued at more than $4 Billion.
- Last round of Patreon funding was for $155 Million led by Tiger Global Management investors.
- Prior to the last round, Patreon had raised around $90 Million.
- Average salary of Patreon employees is around $135,000
Patreon Creator Earnings Statistics
- In 2017 Patreon Creators earned around $150 Million
- In 2018 Patreon creators earned around $300 million
- In 2019 Patreon creators earned around $500 billion
- In 2020 Patreon creators earned around $1 billion
Patreon Company Earnings Statistics
- In 2017 Patreon revenue was around $15 Million
- In 2018 Patreon revenue was around $30 Million
- In 2019 Patreon revenue was around $55 Million
- In 2020 Patreon revenue was around $80 Million
- On an average Patreon takes 8% commissions from creators so these revenue figures are adjusted based on total earnings.
Patreon Salaries Statistics
- Overall, Patreon has more than 200 full time employees across 4 offices.
- Patreon has 3 offices in the U.S and one in Ireland.
- Average Salary of a Patreon employee is around $144,380 or $69 per hour.
- The median salary at Patreon is $151,900, which comes to about $73 per hour
- The highest paid employee at Patreon is Software Engineer with pay of $289,000.
- Patreon Salaries comparison across departments is as follows:
- Patreon Products Department average salary is $133,500
- Patreon Engineering Department average salary is $187,445
- Patreon Marketing Department average salary is $189,700
- Patreon Design Department average salary is $39,600
- Patreon Operations Department average salary is $101,100
- Patreon Admin Department average salary is $79,200
- Patreon Business Development Department average salary is $109,800
- Patreon Finance Department average salary is $86,900
- Patreon Customer Support Department average salary is $73,500
- Patreon Human Resource Department average salary is $109,250
- Patreon IT Department average salary is $106,700
- Patreon Sales Department average salary is $280,000
Other Patreon Statistics
- As of 2022, there are more than 8 million patrons who support creators on Patreon.
- There are more than 250,000 creators on the Patreon platform.
- Patreon has paid more than $3.5 billion to creators since 2013.
Patreon Website Stats
- In November 2022, Patreon website got 90 Million visits
- In November 2022, Patreon website organic (non paid traffic) is estimated to be around 55.5 million.
- On an average Patreon website has 2.2 pages per visit with an average visit duration of 9 minutes and 48 seconds.
- Patreon website has a bounce rate of 58%
- 29% of Patreon users access the site via desktop.
- 70% of Patreon users access the site via mobile.
Source: Afrefs, Similarweb
Patreon Creator-Patron Stats
- 70% of creators mentioned they use the Patreon platform because of its ability to make money.
- 69% use Patreon to deliver exclusive content to fans.
- Early access to content (57%)
- Access to complete post archive (39%)
- Patreon shout-outs (37%)
- Fan requests and voting rights (35%)
- Interaction with creator and other patrons (30%)
- Access to Discord or Facebook group (29%)
- Educational content (19%)
- Digital items (16%)
- Live streams (16%)
- Physical goods delivered less-than-monthly (13%)
- 1-on-1 contact with the creator (11%)
- Custom digital commissions (10%)
- 1-on-1 coaching or teaching (9%)
- AMAs (8%)
- Physical goods delivered monthly (6%)
- VIP access to in-person events (5%)
- According to Patreon, daily promotion among patrons by creators leads to earning 75% more revenue.
- According to Patreon, weekly promotion among patrons by creators leads to earning 31% more revenue.
- 79% of Patreon creators promote at least once a month.
- 43% promote their Patreon at least once a week.
Source: Patreon Blog
Patreon Creator Stats
- According to Patreon, based on 13,000 users surveyed, 38% of Patreon creators prefer to create videos, 17% like creating text content and 14% prefer audio content, 11% creators prefer visual arts, 6% creators prefer gaming, 6% prefer photography.
- 80% of people who participated in the survey mentioned they worked alone
- 11% of people who participated in the survey had a team.
- 41% of a creator’s income who is on Patreon comes from Patreon.
- 11% of a creator’s income comes from the creator’s job.
- Other sources of income of Patreon creators include:
- Commissions (8%)
- Subscriptions on platforms other than Patreon (7%)
- Ad revenue (7%)
- Coaching (5%)
- Book sales (4%)
- Merchandise (3%)
- Selling digital downloads (3%)
- Touring or live shows (2%)
- Brand sponsorships (2%)
Sources: Patreon Blog, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Backlinko
Side Hustles to Help You Make Money Online
How to Earn Money from YouTube [Step By Step Guide]
10 Easy Ways to Earn Money Online
How to Earn Money from Facebook [Step By Step Guide]
Best Work from Home Jobs to Earn Money Online
12 Best Paying Entry Level Work from Home Jobs That Require No Special Qualifications
How to Start Blogging and Make Money
- 8 Cheap Cell Phone Plans in United States  - February 4, 2023
- Ross Hours: Open, Close, Weekend & Holidays  - January 11, 2023
- Does Burlington Take Apple Pay, How to Get 2% Cashback  - January 11, 2023