Last Updated on
Are you wondering what is Tai Lopez Net Worth in 2020? In this post we are going to look at Tai Lopez early life, net worth, how he made his money and his career highlights.
This post is part of our series where we look at influencers and successful personalities who have made significant amount of money.
We look at thier careers and how you too can follow your passions and try to make money and live a happy, fulfilled life.
If you just want to know what is Tai Lopez Net Worth in 2020, find your answer below.
Who is Tai Lopez?
Tai Lopez (born April 11, 1977) is a consultant, entrepreneur, partner, business educator, and Youtube personality.
Tai Lopez is widely known across various online platforms for his educational, motivation-style videos that instruct viewers about matters of wealth, finance, life, and happiness.
Tai Lopez propagates the values of the ‘good life’ and teaches his followers how to attain financial and personal success in life.
He will especially be familiar to you if you were an active user of YouTube around 2016/17 when his most popular videos were released and topped trending charts.
Tai Lopez Early Life
Tai Lopez came into this world on April 11, 1977.
His original home place is in Long Beach, California. His father was an absent figure in Tai Lopez’s early years and, thus, his upbringing was done by his mother and grandmother.
Lopez’s family did not have much money while he was growing up. At the young of six, Lopez started his first business by putting up cherry tomatoes on sale.
When cherry tomatoes ceased to be a viable selling option, Lopez switched to lemonade. These were the beginnings through which Lopez’s entrepreneurial self-started coming to life in his mind.
As a child growing up in a gang-dominated neighborhood, Lopez did not have a lot of friends. Instead of playing with other children his age, he spent his time reading books by classical writers such as Aristotle.
This is where he first came across the idea of the ‘good life’, an idea Aristotle talks quite a lot about while contemplating the components of a just life.
After high school, he joined college but dropped out. He visited India for a brief period before returning to the United States.
His career as a financial expert and consultant got kickstarted soon after when he underwent training by a financial manager.
Tai Lopez Net Worth
Tai Lopez’s net worth is currently estimated to be around $60 million.
This seems like a likely number because in a podcast with Logan Paul, Tai Lopez hinted that calculating his net worth at even $50 million would be underestimating it.
Given Lopez’s prolific career and enormous success, a figure like $60 million as Tai Lopez’s Net Worth does not seem shocking.
What is Tai Lopez famous for?
Tai Lopez started a YouTube channel in August 2013. His channel has currently 1.32 million subscribers on YouTube.
Tai Lopez first gained recognition online when his video series on YouTube titled, ‘Here in my -’, started amassing millions of views.
As of October 2020, Tai Lopez’s ‘Here In My Garage’ video has over 70 million views while his ‘Here In My Backyard’ video has 37 million views.
Lopez is also responsible for starting and establishing several business ventures, all of which have greatly contributed to Tai Lopez’s net worth.
Official YouTube channel of Tai Lopez:
Tai Lopez Career Highlights
Tai Lopez’s career has been on a high ever since his online and offline projects took off and his success has continued to inspire his legion of fans over the years. Here are some of the highlights of his exciting career:
- Lopez established a book club to reach out to a worldwide audience. That book club is today regarded as one of the world’s largest book clubs; it connects more than a million people across 40 countries and supplies them with the free email newsletter called “Book-Of-The-Day”.
- Lopez started an initiative called 67 Steps where he summarises for his audience all the teachings and valuable life advice given to him by his mentors. Lopez calls the 67 steps ‘mentor shortcuts.’ 67 Steps is an online, subscription-based training program where he also invites users to join the ‘Business Bootcamps.’
- Lopez opened the ‘Business Mentorship’ program, a unique alternative to mainstream business schools that provides degree courses with the best learning experience for students. The ‘Business Mentorship’ program also differentiates itself by utilizing timely and efficient methods to guide and educate its students, and not burdening them with staggering costs and ineffective learning practices.
- Lopez has given numerous TED talks and was ranked #1 on the list of ‘Social Media Strategists to Watch in 2017’ by Entrepreneur as a result of his online and offline success.
- Tai Lopez’s net worth is reported to be approximately $60 million, a very impressive number considering his first major online business initiative is not even a decade old.
How Tai Lopez made his money?
Tai Lopez made use of Google AdWords to learn about how to generate leads and sales. That greatly helped Lopez in his career as he began to close off 20% of the leads he pursued.
His numbers improved and he began generating a revenue of $1500 for each $200 he put in. Stainback, Lopez’s mentor was quick to recognize Lopez’s business acumen and introduced him to GE Capital’s head.
Lopez gained the job of a financial planner and in no time was outperforming the top salespersons in GE Capital.
Lopez’s 67 Steps was also a success because of his YouTube videos that helped promote the training program and improved Lope’s brand image.
Lopez also started a book club called ‘Mentorbox’ where influencers would ‘teach’ viewers their books through audio-visual material.
Lopez’s staggering net worth is also because of his strong social media presence. Apart from having 1.32 million subscribers on YouTube, Lopez has 6 million followers on Facebook and 3 million followers on Instagram.
Tai Lopez Education
Tai Lopez’s early life education consisted of reading philosophical texts like Aristotle’s Nicomachean Ethics.
Lopez also read books by business icons such as Charlie Munger and Sam Walton. Lopez did all this under his grandpa’s advice who told Lopez that in this complicated modern world, his quest for knowledge can only be aided by learned people or genuine mentors.
Similar to several other entrepreneurs, Tai Lopez is also a college dropout. While living on a couch in his mother’s house, Lopez realized that despite his travels, he did not have much knowledge about money and balancing finances.
Then on an ordinary day, while looking over the yellow pages, Lopez found an advert for a man named, Mike Stainback, who headed a local insurance company.
Lopez approached Mike and requested Mike to teach him everything about finance, even offering to work with him for free.
This is where Lopez’s actual financial education began taking shape and he started learning the ins and outs of selling and marketing.
Lopez’s self-learning, on the other hand, mostly took place through two major sources: reading and experience. Lopez read books on finance, life, happiness tirelessly.
His most famous video ‘Here In My Garage’ stood out because of Lopez’s exceptionally well-equipped bookshelf which housed thousands of books.
Needless to say, Lopez is an avid reader and a major advocate of reading and learning through books. This led to him developing his ‘book-a-day’ habit.
Tai Lopez Personal Life
Lopez currently lives in a mansion in Hollywood Hills of a reported worth of $44 million. He is unmarried but confirmed to be in a relationship with an LA-based model, Kenna Alastair.
Tai Lopez Businesses
Tai Lopez is credited with launching many business ventures and given Tai Lopez’s net worth, almost all of them are successful. The major ones are listed below;
- Tai Lopez owns a business known as Elite Global Dating, a start-up that aims at finding the perfect match for men and women.
- Lopez has established 67 Steps, an online training course that you can apply to on a monthly subscription basis.
- Lopez kickstarted the ‘Mentorbox’ where mentors get a chance to directly engage with viewers and teach their books through videos on online platforms.
- Lopez has a successful YouTube channel with over 1.32 million where he tells his audience life lessons about money, love, and happiness for free.
- On My Way App Review: How to Make Money, Pros & Cons in 2020 - October 28, 2020
- SidelineSwap Review: Fees, Pros, Cons & How to Make Money on SidelineSwap  - October 27, 2020
- 6 Best Websites to Find Voice Acting Jobs & Best Courses to Learn Voice Acting[ 2020] - October 23, 2020